vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Spousal Support and Alimony: Ma - Short Term Marriage, Spouse Permanently Disabled, Other Spouse on H1visa

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Massachusetts

I am permanently disabled and have been so for a number of years proceeding our 3 year marriage. Spouse is a very high earner I have relied solely on throughout our marriage. His reason for divorce is based around both my inability to work and symptoms that arise from my illnesses. He is in the states on an H 1 visa secured through his work. We never did any green card paperwork.

We rent the home.

The announcement of his intention to divorce me came on Thanksgiving day. I am going to be entering the hospital this coming week for more intensive treatment that stem from my disabilities, triggered by the stress of this announcement of his intention to dissolve the marriage.

As this is a very short term marriage, would I be entitled to any support from him or am I just on my own?

I'm sorry if included too much superfluous info.


Spousal Support and Alimony: Ma - Short Term Marriage, Spouse Permanently Disabled, Other Spouse on H1visa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire