lundi 30 novembre 2015

Collection and Enforcement: What State's Laws Apply in an Interstate Levy

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: New Jersey (collection) and North Carolina (home)

I'm going to end up in arrears for out of state child support. I'm disabled and can't work, and asked about getting order corrected in another thread, however until SSI determination is made that is unlikely. The Arrears is in New Jersey. I am in NC and bank at a bank that operates in NC and not NJ. In NC under a state law I can protect $5000 in assets which can be a bank account. I receive child support into a bank account and typically have a $10-800 balance I need to protect. Only source for medical co-pays and basic needs of the children I have custody of. I have no other assets. If levy is started in NJ is my account protected by NC law?


Collection and Enforcement: What State's Laws Apply in an Interstate Levy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire