samedi 28 novembre 2015

Speeding Tickets: Double Pull Over on the Interstate

I was pulled over in Maine,
I was in the passing lane to go by a truck going slightly slower than the speed limit. I was being followed by some woman in a vehicle going excessively fast. She flew up behind me and because I go exactly the speed limit it was taking quite a while to overtake the truck. I pulled off in front of the truck in order to let her go by and she accelerated again to continue on down the highway. We passed the officer and she hit her brakes and pulled off into the traveling lane. As he pulled her over he indicated I should go over as well.

When he approached my vehicle he asked me if I had a radar detection device because “you were already slowing down just as I turned on my radar”. This shocked me because I have never had any sort of device capable of alerting me to a police officer, and was even more surprised when he asserted I was going 90 miles per hour. He mentioned that the girl was visibly going faster than I was so it was very jarring to hear I would be receiving a ticket when he verbally agreed I was not only going slower but had been slowing down since he turned on his radar.

Other things to mention are that my vehicle is a standard, and as an older model reaches 4k RPMs when traveling at 70 miles per hour. I would never exceed this amount not only because it would be illegal, but also because going over this limit has the potential to damage my car.
After reading up about police radar it became abundantly clear that the radius of their tracker gets less and less accurate with range, and since I was driving the smallest car in the group of 3 I would be least likely to have my speed taken by the equipment.
I wrote all of the details down immediately after receiving the ticket, but did not ask for any other information or take pictures of where we were because I was completely unprepared to get ticketed as I always travel the speed limit.

How should I approach my court date? Is there anything worth attempting to receive as evidence to prepare? Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated, as well as requests for more of the information about the encounter.


Speeding Tickets: Double Pull Over on the Interstate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire