samedi 28 novembre 2015

Private Sales: Used Car Had Undisclosed Problems

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

Hello all! I am hoping to receive some advice on a situation. My friend owned a 2010 Honda Civic that he traded with another private seller for his 2003 BMW M3. In the seller's ad for the BMW, he described the car as being such:

"2003 BMW salvage title the reason is vandalism I am asking 7700 obo the car runs perfect ...(contact info hidden). Millage 114000 maybe trade plus cash"

He has two ads so in the other ad he states:

"This is an amazing M3 BMW. It is a salvaged title because it was vandalized. However, it runs amazing and sounds incredible. It has 113,000. A true sports car you can't miss out on. I will take 8,700 or best offer.

Needless to say, a day after my friend got it, it stopped working. After taking it to multiple mechanics, it turns out that the car has about $4000 in repairs and is not in perfect condition. The hydraulics need to be changed out to get the car to work. My friend contacted the seller to get his Honda back and the seller just apologized for all the problems he was having and said that he already sold the Honda (initially, before the trade, he had told my friend that he was trading the BMW because his wife needed a family car; next thing I find out, he's already sold it, less than 24 hours later!)

Is there any legal recourse that can be taken in this situation?

Thank you!


Private Sales: Used Car Had Undisclosed Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire