samedi 28 novembre 2015

Defamation: Ex Boss Threatens Defamation Suit-if I Do Nothing Can It Proceed if I'm Not Served

My question involves defamation in the state of: California

After being removed from the work schedule - fired - I started a website telling the story. After seven months I got bored and sent e mails with, admittedly, very inflammatory statements. I forgot to add, "In my opinion," or "it seems to me." The employer's law firm's attorney sent me a letter and e mail saying if I remove the site and sign an agreement to never say anything again they'll drop it. He gave me a deadline of Dec. 1 - three days from this writing.

HERE'S the problem - I don't give a shit. I'm unemployed, seriously ill, nearly homeless (I live in a friend's spare bedroom and nothing regarding me has that address on it) and I'm living on Social Security retirement benefits. I don't live in California any more and the letter was sent to a private p. o. box so they'll have a hell of a time finding me to serve me.

First: If they can't serve me, can they proceed? Is there a limit on how long they have to find me? My health is so bad that there's a chance I'll die before they can find me or soon after they do.
Second: Is there a statute of limitations on defamation?
Third: If I send apologies and restate everything as opinion, does that help?
Fourth:If they serve me and I do absolutely nothing... so what? Can they garnish my SS payment? The only property I own, besides clothes, is a truck with expired CA registration. Can they take that?
Fourth: My friend is paying for me to take a polygraph on Dec. 9 and I'm gonna post the results - double down. I know it's not proof - if it's true it's not defamation - but it mitigates, some. Should I BS the lawyer by asking for "a few weeks to consult counsel" so I can post polygraph before they file?
Fifth: I saw another post about researching handling it myself - absolutely NO $ for lawyer - where do I look to get that research?

They are scumbags and I want the world to know and if they can't jail me or take my SS then I don't care what they do. It would kill me to sign some agreement to keep quiet about the assholes. BUT, there is a SMALL/TINY chance I could be convinced to do that, maybe, but I don't think so, but only AFTER I post polygraph result...


Defamation: Ex Boss Threatens Defamation Suit-if I Do Nothing Can It Proceed if I'm Not Served

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire