jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: I Thought It Was a Free Sample

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

I went to Macy's and picked up what looked to me like a sample packet: it was like a pouch (think of the little "folders" that sample perfume vials come in) and didn't have a barcode on the back or front. Then I went to another counter where I handed the person the stuff I wanted to buy. He offered to rung up the "sample" but also thought it was a sample. I paid with my debit card. I put the items into my transparent purse and went around the store again to look at more stuff. I had another look at the "sample" and a nearby salesgirl told me that it was $15! I thought she might have been joking and exited the store. The alarms didn't go off, and no LP personnel stopped me.

I feel terrible, especially since Macy's is near my house and I paid with my debit card meaning that they have my info on hand. What should I do to minimize trouble?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: I Thought It Was a Free Sample

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire