dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Emancipation: Can an Orphan Become Emancipated

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Tennessee.

At 17 and a half years, would an orphan by law be able to apply for and be granted emancipation?
General questions answered:
Am I self sufficient? Yes. I've had a job for over a year, have been promoted, and have a very good reputation in the work place. I'm honestly more capable of money management than my guardian, and I have had a checking and savings account already set up with my bank.
School? I've consistently been on the honor roll my entire life, and have been able to keep my grades well despite the varying situations I have been put into. I will be getting my diploma at the beginning of the second semester of senion year. College will soon ensue afterwards.
Where will I live? The majority of my savings account is going towards an apartment for rent, utilities, furnishings, etc. for at least the first three months. I've already become very independentand, responsible and can openly acknowledge any and all results to my actions.
Reason for applying to be emancipated? This is the tricky question. I feel as though I can better manage my own life, since I have been the past 14 years. I think I would be able to make better financial decisions with my money than how the guardian is currently handling it. Also, adjustment issues have been difficult on me and the family I'm currently with and the relationships are being strained, rather than strengthened, with my residency. My social caseworker informed me I'd have a high success rate given my "situation" if I were to apply for emancipation.
I'm here for a second, educated opinion. Thank you.


Emancipation: Can an Orphan Become Emancipated

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire