lundi 30 novembre 2015

Breaking a Lease: My Tenants Moved in 2 Days Ago. Now They Want to Leave

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Maryland.

I own a condo and rented it out to a couple. The lease term is one year. They move in on Saturday. On Monday I receive an email saying their health is being jeopardized because the owner of the unit below smokes cigarettes. I called the Health department and they said there is nothing they can do about it, as it is not illegal to smoke in their own home (We are in MD)
My tenant talked to me today and said that this is detrimental to their health and they want to move out. There is nothing I can do about the behavior of the other people. What can I do?

This is what the lease actually says:

"Tenant(s) acknowledges that the Landlord does not promise or guarantee of a smoke-free living space."


Breaking a Lease: My Tenants Moved in 2 Days Ago. Now They Want to Leave

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire