lundi 30 novembre 2015

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: I Get a Free Soda Every Time.so Am I Shoplifting

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland

I am a regular customer at a grocery store, and the cashier usually fails to ring up my fountain soda. I bring up my 5 items she rings up 4 of them but doesn't ring up the drink. She says it's $X, I pay and walk away.

Would that be shoplifting?

Who's responsibility is it to get the pricing right. I am not concealing the drink, she just waves me on through. At first I thought I'm just getting a "free lunch" for being a loyal customer, but after reading a few threads I begin to wonder if this is an offense.

I've read plenty of posts that suggest that it is morally the right thing to do, but If I bring the cashier 50 items, none of which are concealed, and the cashier places them in my bags and rings up a price, where's the line drawn if a) it an item rang up at $0.00, or b) if an item did not ring up at all. What if I bring up the 50 items and ask for a single all inclusive price for all items, and they proceed to scan each item, miss one, and give me a price of X when it may have normally rang up as Y.


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: I Get a Free Soda Every Time.so Am I Shoplifting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire