vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Speeding Tickets: 70 in a 55(Work Zone) at 1130pm on a National Holiday

After driving 2.5 hours home from school I arrive and my mom tells me that she's driving up to MD for Thanksgiving. I was bummed and had too much to do to prepare for finals and on the way home at 11:17PM Thanksgiving night this cop pulls me over while everyone around me is going 70mph in a 55mph. He says he was "pacing" me, and "it's not for you to decide when construction is going on". He says I'm lucky he didn't add the $250 additional fine for a work zone but common sense suggests this law has no place when no one is possibly going to be working, Thanksgiving night. I looked up the law and unfortunately NC is one of 26 states that doesn't care if construction workers are actually out there doing work.

My question is, should I show up to court to fight this? Because I believe that not only do I have no reason to pay this, but the cop was just looking to fill a quota and screwed me over out of the surrounding 10 or so cars at random. Money is extremely tight for me since my mom lost her job and I have no current income and will need to find some minimum wage job to pay for this as well so I am looking for any advice that could potentially help me out of this.

Thank you,
Michael


Speeding Tickets: 70 in a 55(Work Zone) at 1130pm on a National Holiday

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire