dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Slander: Can I Sue Someone for Spreading Rumors About My Reputation

My question involves defamation in the state of: California

A women co-worker spread lies about me and another worker being attracted to each other. My bosses harassed me so bad, I had to quit. They do not allow any romantic involvement between employees at my place of employment. The male co-worker did make advances to me. I kept my professional boundaries and always told him NO.

Here is the catch. The women co-worker liked the male co-worker, which is fine with me. I don't have evidence but I know they were intimate with each other, after I refused him. The female co-worker was trying to get me in trouble from different angles of my job using other co-workers. But the one that hit home with my boss was the lies about us being attracted to each other. My boss is from Bulgaria and has some very strict authoritarian viewpoints on sexual activity. These bosses will not tell me why they are mad at me, probably afraid of a law suit. They harassed me until I could not take it anymore. The HR at this particular job is worthless or else I would have talked to them by now.

One of these bosses lives in my neighborhood and we have a mutual friend. This is an acquaintance of mine, who normally doesn't take her evening walks on my block. After this happened she started walking past my house and looking at me in a strange way. There are also other individuals at work who this myth was passed on to. My concerns are that this rumor is spreading around my professional and social communities.
If I can get evidence that proves her intentions and agenda were to get rid of me, so she could be with the male co-worker, would I be able to sue for defamation of character.

This has affected me emotionally and I have nightmares and panic attacks, just to mention a few psychological disturbances.
caveat: I am a happily married 60 year old women. The male co-worker is 24, almost the same age as my son. The Bulgarian boss would be suspicious of two flies, so it does not take much to get her going. She was having such fits my other boss couldn't take it and both of them harassed me.


Slander: Can I Sue Someone for Spreading Rumors About My Reputation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire