jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Probation and Parole: Probation Transfer After Extradition

My question involves criminal law for the state of: GA.

Hi and I am new here and so I hope I can get some type of idea what is going to happen.

The mother of my children (we are separated) was extradited for a probation violation from WA state to the state of Georgia. She was convicted in GA and has probation until 2019, yet transferred the probation to WA state years ago. Due to the extradition I presume that the probation jurisdiction went back to GA state.
Now the actual question, since she has her hearing shortly: what is the common procedure if she was extradited and as much as I know the probation was transferred back to GA and will request again, depending on the outcome of the probation hearing, a probation transfer back to WA state with the reason that her children live there? (She was convicted in 2008 for statutory rape in GA state, hence sex offender)

Nothing is impossible, I know, therefore I was asking for the common procedure. This is therefore important since we are currently as well in a custody case and I want to be prepared for any possible outcome, referring to Dale Carnegie. :friendly_wink:

Thank you in advance for an answer, that it is possible is clear and I am also aware that WA state would have to accept a request for a probation transfer. Nevertheless children are a valid ground, although a judge could as well say that she should have thought of them when she committed the violation. GA law is quite heavy on sex offenders I've heard. BTW, last info, the violation was NOT another sex offense but a DUI conviction in WA state and that she became "partnered" with a wanted felon, wanted in the state of GA, non extraditable. Quite a mess....I know.

Thanks in advance for an answer.


Probation and Parole: Probation Transfer After Extradition

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire