samedi 28 novembre 2015

Division of Assets: Separating Finances Before Divorce is Final

My question involves a marriage in the state of:

My wife and I of 3 years are going through a divorce. We were going down this path same time last year, but gave it one last try. At the time, we agreed to split everything down the middle. This go around, since I'm the one initiating it - she has changed her mind & wants to make this a big fight. My question revolves around splitting of our bank accounts.

We both have very stable jobs - our combined income is just under $150K annually. It's about a 56/44 split, with me earning more. We have two joint bank accounts - the primary account has my paycheck (100%) going in to it, while she is only putting in about 2/3 of her paycheck in there. The rest goes in a separate account that only she is on. I understand that at the end of the day, all the accounts we have will be looking at and divided appropriately.

Until the agreement is finalized, I'm worried about our joint funds. She could easily wipe the account out & screw me. There's two parts of my question:

1. Can I effective immediately deposit my entire paycheck in to a checking account solely under my name?
2. Can I divide the current funds in our account in half and transfer to the same account as #1?

We would then split bills evenly until a settlement has been reached.

I want to protect myself, but I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to do this legally.

Thanks in advance.


Division of Assets: Separating Finances Before Divorce is Final

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire