dimanche 29 octobre 2017

Traffic Accidents: Who’s at Fault

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: NJ
I was driving southbound on a road that includes two-sided parking, on the passenger’s side (southbound) and on the driver’s side (northbound). I was driving down the road doing less than the 25 mph speed limit following the flow of traffic , when a person struck my car with their door, causing it to hook onto my car which caused damage to my side panel pushing my rearview mirror up therefore pushing up my bumper causing damage to the bumper as well as the headlight .The police officer put in the report that I struck the vehicle (but also told me that the individual should not have opened their door into the lane of travel )if I struck the vehicle would I get that much damage versus the vehicle getting the minimal amount of damage that it did ? And if that’s the case who’s at fault? Also the person was in a rush (as soon as she got out she stated “no fault” *this took place in NJ* and that she had a wedding to go to ). She was parked further out then any other driver (I took pictures when I moved my vehicle after instructed to do so by the officer. The way the picture in the report looked is that my bumper hit her car ,but then I wouldn’t have scrapping damage to my side panel . And I also believe that if her door was already, her door would have more damage and would not be able to close which it was . Because of the damage my tires were affected therefore almost causing a blowout . Her insurance is only trying to take 75/25 responsibility , does this seem fair ?


Traffic Accidents: Who’s at Fault

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire