jeudi 26 octobre 2017

Enforcing Custody Orders: Mother Refusing to Enforce Parenting Time with My 13 Year Old Daughter

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Oregon
So my daughter, who will be 13 in the next 4 days, says she hasn't felt comfortable coming over to my place in the last 2 years and now her mother says that she has a choice and does NOT have to come over if she doesn't want to. She believes that a court will allow the child to decide not to come over if they are her age. So right now I don't know what to do. If I file with the court to enforce the parenting time, even though our parenting plan is specifically spelled out in black and white, will my daughter's opinions and feelings pose a risk at disrupting the court enforcing that plan and possibly change it? I feel rather powerless right now and am not sure which direction to take. The guy from a father's right website told me that kids around this age often prefer to be with the parent who is more lenient and so that this is normal and even if I am successful in getting this enforced it could make my daughter really not like me (but at this point I don't see how it matters). He says he calls it the "black hole" that the kids go into around this age and don't emerge from until they are like over 18 but I'm not ok with not seeing my daughter for that long. Her mom and I got divorced in 2005 and the parenting plan has been established since then. Any helpful advice is extremely appreciated! Thank you!


Enforcing Custody Orders: Mother Refusing to Enforce Parenting Time with My 13 Year Old Daughter

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire