jeudi 26 octobre 2017

Retailers: Discrimination/Harassment in Retail Store Purchase Over $300

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Indiana

I went today to a retail store to purchase some things for my family.
I had a cart full of stuff and told the cashier that I have 3 separate transactions.
After she proceeded scanning my two orders of regular priced items, my 3rd order was only "clearance" items that I picked throughout the store.

That's when the "fun" part began. Before scanning each item, the cashier would take each price tag, bring it up close to her face and inspect the "sticker price" "up close and personal"
I thought to myself that such behavior was "odd".
As she took my last item (The North Face male pants) she looked at the sticker sale price "$10" and she began peeling off the sticker price with her nail!
At that point I decided to take my phone out and began video recording what was going on...
She then peeled off the $10 price sticker and told me that the sticker price of $10 did NOT belong on those pants!!! I asked her "Are you implying that I tempered with the price tag?" She said : "No, I never said that you did it". She told me that NOW she CANNOT sell me the pants for $10 price tag because NOW they cost $49.99 aka $50....

She then asked the manager to step in because as seen on video she became very agitated and frustrated with me. She told the manager : "We cannot sell her these pants because SKU does not match". The manager looked at me and asked me to "Stop recording". I told him that "I will NOT stop recording because I think my consumer rights are being violated".
The cashier kept saying that the pants do not cost $10 and I asked her to scan the pants with the scanner. She rolled her eyes and scanned the pants. The price showed $49.99 (AFTER she peeled off the $10 sticker). I told her and the manager : "You can pull down surveillance video and see that I did NOT temper with any retail tags". Suddenly in front of many shoppers I had just justify myself.

Then I told her I did NOT want to buy the pants for $49.99 plus tax. She threw the pants into a basket. Then she was laughing at me. I said : "Yes, it's very funny??" She replied : "Yes, it is lol".
After I stopped recording her, she handed me the receipt with her middle finger... implying the "bird" and said out loud "Thank you Jesus" after I had spent little over $300!!

I've never been treated like that in my life! I was harassed, humiliated, laughed at in front of many strangers. I left the store with my bags. Called my husband and I was crying. I feel I was discriminated. I am sure she nor others don't peel stickers when other consumers bring them items! I believe I received such "treatment" because she heard my accent. English is my 2nd language.
What rights do I have as a consumer? Thank you. (I recorded most of this on video).


Retailers: Discrimination/Harassment in Retail Store Purchase Over $300

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire