mardi 31 octobre 2017

Modification of Custody: Ex Wants to Give Up Shared Parented for One Child, Not Both

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio

Three kids: 8, 10 and 13.

We have a shared parenting plan. It calls for 50/50 time but in practice I have had them quite a bit more, and it has gotten a lot more lately.

The other parent says they have given up trying to be a parent to the 10 and 13 year old. I have suggested counseling for them and the children. I have done more driving to facilitate visits (beyond the clearly mandated driving responsibilities spelled out in the court filed parenting plan), even when the other parent moved farther away.

Other parent refuses any effort at reconciliation between them and the kids, saying "if they say they hate me then I don't have to take them" and has stopped taking the 10 and 13 year old altogether. I've suggested counseling to work things out but other parent refuses.

I do all the driving for them, school functions, doctor visits, shopping trips, etc., etc.

Now, the other parent is saying they will "sign over custody of XXX and YYY so you don't have to consult me on school and doctor stuff." Our agreement, like most shared plans I'm sure, says we make all those decisions together.

However, the other parents gets along just fine with the 8 year old. They have a pretty healthy relationship, really. At least from what I can tell. They want to continue shared parenting with this child, which is fine with me and I wish could be done for all of them.

Anyway, my questions are:

Can the other parent permit me to assume sole custody of two of our children while maintaining shared parenting with the other child?

If so, how do we do this assuming we can agree throughout the process?


Modification of Custody: Ex Wants to Give Up Shared Parented for One Child, Not Both

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire