jeudi 26 octobre 2017

Police Conduct: Car Impounded As Evidence of Hit and Run - Who pays IMPOUND FEES

My question involves police conduct in the State of: California (Orange County)

So. This has been an ongoing battle and I'm seeking help for some resolve.

Facts:
1. I let my boyfriend use my car to work a couple months ago. I mainly let him use it so that he could drive back and forth to see me (work was out of town but he would come back on days off. - He is also from another state and does not have a car here)
2. He "couldn't find my car" and didn't report it stolen. He actually didn't even tell me until 4 days later. (yes I was pissed)
3. Once I found the car was not in his possession, I tracked it down to a tow yard out of town, found it around where he left it and was working.
4. The next day I went to retrieve it, they told me that I couldn't because it was in an ongoing police investigation.
5. During the period he "couldn't find my car" my car was involved in a hit and run collision, there was a detective assigned to my case.
6. I spoke to the detective over the phone and she said she is a "hit and run" collision investigator. I told her my boyfriend had the car last but hadn't seen it the day it was in the collision.
7. The investigator refused to take my bfs statement over the phone, requested he do it in person.
8. He was still out of town and unable to come in, investigator didn't care, still told him to come in.
9. He did not.
10. I sought a lawyer to help get my vehicle released and represent us.
11. I called almost daily to check and attempted to pay tow fees before it got too high.
12. Lawyer spoke to investigator, investigator said she would release my vehicle if I recanted my statement that my vehicle was stolen to my insurance company.
13. I declined, my bf said he was not driving it nor knew who was driving the vehicle.
14. Investigator said not to mention anything to my insurance company about the hit and run collision but She will not investigate it as a stolen vehicle.
15. My insurance will not cover my car because it is not under investigation as a stolen vehicle.
16. My insurance will cover if it was in a collision, but I need to name the driver, which I cannot.
17. There is now a lien on my vehicle and it's close to 4K in fees at the tow yard.

So my questions.

1. Who pays for the storage fees? Yes, it was my vehicle, but I have been willing to pay since I found out. I also had NOTHING to do with the collision. I feel like a victim right now.
2. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you so much for the help! I have been reaching out to lawyers that I know, but no one has experience in this.


Police Conduct: Car Impounded As Evidence of Hit and Run - Who pays IMPOUND FEES

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire