lundi 30 octobre 2017

Ticket for Not Slowing Down to Reasonable Speed when Passing Stopped Police Officer

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Maryland
I was driving on a 3 lane highway where the speed limit is 70mph. I was on the far right lane driving when I saw a police officer's vehicle pulling over someone on the shoulder. I tried to move to the left lane but it was packed and there was no way for me to switch lanes. As we were going uphill I let go of the gas and passed the officer, this is when I saw him outside walking towards his vehicle. About 1 mile later I see the same officer with his lights on weaving through traffic far behind, I keep driving staying towards the opposite side of him so I'm not in his way. About a minute later he get's behind me and I realize he's pulling me over. He comes to the passenger window and basically scolds me for driving past him saying, "some people have families at home" and I was driving too fast. I told him there was no way to switch lanes and said I did not see him, he responds by saying we were going uphill and there's no way I couldn't have seen him. He goes back to his vehicle, comes back hands me the citation and says to pay the fine in 30 days or have my license suspended. I didn't even realize I could get a citation and tried to ask him about it but he ignored me got into his car and sped off. I saw him only a mile down pulling someone else over! The citation says: FAILURE OF DR. TO SLOW TO REASONABLE & PRUDENT SPEED WHILE PASSING STOPPED EMERG. VEHICLE

The officer has absolutely no physical evidence of the speed I was going when I passed him. I plan to request a trial.
Just FYI I'm 18 and have not even had my license for only 10 months. My driving record is clean!
Any advice??


Ticket for Not Slowing Down to Reasonable Speed when Passing Stopped Police Officer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire