lundi 30 octobre 2017

Dl Suspention and Earlier Court Dates

My question involves criminal law for the state of: NJ

Ok so here it goes. I am currently a resident of GA with a Valid DL in GA. I am a financially challenged grad student. During a recent visit to home I was driving my cousins car and receive a call saying the home alarm is going off. So naturally I head over there rather quickly and get pulled over for speeding. I leave my phone and wallet in a jacket. I provide the officer my information let him know heading to a family emergency. I ask if he’s going to keep send someone to the home to check it out (The home has been burgerised before). 5, 10, 15 mins go by and the officer is keeping me waiting. I ask for more help and he gets frantic with me and loud “Get back in the car”. As i’m walking back he decides to arrest me. Bring me to the station for Obstruction and resisting. Then proceeds to write me a ticket for driving under Suspention in NJ. Keep in mind I do not have a DL in NJ and a valid GA. He also proceeds to write my cousin a ticket (who isn’t isn’t in the country a ticket) for “Allowing driver under Suspention or something under that effect. The court date is scheduled for a time that is scheduled for a time where I’ll will be out of the country for my PhD thesis.

My questions are:
1.Can I request an earlier court date to handle these issues? Possibly Can I walk in on a court date and ask to be on the docket?

2:Although I have a different DL in another state and unaware of the NJ Suspention what is the likleyhood it will get dropped?

3: Since I have no criminal record, will the persecution try to make me plead out?

4: If my driving under Suspention gets dropped will my cousins ticket be dropped as well? Can I request it be nulled?

Thanks and and all help is welcomed.


Dl Suspention and Earlier Court Dates

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire