dimanche 29 octobre 2017

Last Month Rent when Going Month to Month

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida.

My landlord is selling the home I live in. The lease expired almost 2 years ago and we have been on a month to month. I paid first/last/security when I moved in. I told my landlord on Oct. 21st that my last month rent would be used from Nov. 21st to Dec 21st. All was fine.

Somebody made an offer on the property but said they would only purchase it if I was out of the house this month . My landlord notified me today (via text message) that he needed me out of the house by Nov. 27th. He also stated he was prorating my last month rent and would give me my last month remaining balance plus my security deposit after moving out. I stated that i told him we had an agreement i would be out by the 21st of December. To which he replied that the buyer told him he doesn't have to give me a months notice and since we are Month to Month technically he can have me removed in 15 days.

I stated that if I knew i had to be out, I would have used my last months rent on Oct. 21st and would be out Nov. 21st. My landlord than told me if I could be out by Nov. 21st he would give me my last months rent in full upon leaving the 21st.

I feel like I'm getting screwed in a way. I told him I was moving out, i have plans and things in order to move to another property in Dec.

Can my Landlord evict and give me my last month rent in order to sell his house faster even though we agreed I'd be out in December?


Last Month Rent when Going Month to Month

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire