jeudi 26 octobre 2017

Motions: How to Make a Motion, Contesting an Infraction

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Whatcom County, Bellingham Municipal Court

Good Day,

I received an infraction for "Per Electronic Device While Driving" that I am contesting. I used the Discovery Request Template on Page 6 of the http://ift.tt/2gM21SV thread. I filed it with the Prosecutors office and Court Clerk, got everything stamped, and have my own copy. This was done 15 days before my court date.

I have not received the discovery items and I would like to make two motions when I get to court. First to have the officers statement suppressed pursuant to (IRLJ 3.1(b)), and a second motion for the case to be dismissed for lack of evidence. I understand that I will need to show prejudice to my case if it shows up today or tomorrow before court. Although I'm not sure how I would describe that prejudice yet.

My question is this: Do I need to have the motions filled out on paper before I got to court or is making a motion completely verbal? Any other comments/advice?

Thank you!

BlueJacket


Motions: How to Make a Motion, Contesting an Infraction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire