samedi 28 octobre 2017

How to Deal with a Debt Owed

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: CA

To make things simple their was an issue in a condo that was apparently fixed. Everything was payed except it seems another invoice wasn't acknowledged and my parents being the owners it was thrown to them. Being that it was a rented unit my dad later out found out that it was past due. I called and they said its now in collections hands. My dad went to claim why this invoice wasnt paid when the guy incharge of the association said that he would cover a part and my dad another part (basically the association used their insurance to handle this issue).

Fast forward I am here to see what are the options. The invoices were billed to the insurance, but it doesn't seem they were going to pay that (they did however pay other ones). So at this point I sent a letter certified to the collection company (Grant & Weber) acknowledging this is no my debt, they responded and highlighted the work was done on the unit, but the bill was to the insurance. So say I have to pay this whats my best intake to pay the very least amount here? How should I deal with it maybe cut it in half if pay in full or even pay less but still paying in full (the amount is about $1,800). Reason I want to work this out is because they are already charging interest and its minimal, but its not something I want to ignore. Thanks in advance.


How to Deal with a Debt Owed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire