lundi 30 octobre 2017

Termination of Support: If a Parent Moves, Which State's Laws Govern the Age for Termination of Child Support

My question involves a child support case from the State of: New York

I have not seen my daughter since she was 6 years old. She is now 17. Her mother through the courts made it impossible for me to continue to challenge custody. I live 3.5 hours away from where my daughter lived and I have severe physical limitations which makes it very difficult for me to drive.

Now the mother has moved my daughter out of state to a state with an emancipation age of 18 without notifying me. The custody order says she MUST notify me before moving.

My question is when my daughter is 18 in a couple of months, can I challenge the support order and have it expunged through emancipation? I do not know if she's considering further education. Thanks for any response.


Termination of Support: If a Parent Moves, Which State's Laws Govern the Age for Termination of Child Support

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire