mardi 31 octobre 2017

Accident on School Property

My question involves an accident that occurred in the state of CO. High school athlete, participating in a sanctioned and required event on the school campus. Coach is also a teacher. We have a 2nd coach who is a volunteer. Volunteer coach instructed a athlete to drive golf cart to trash bin, and dump trash on the cart into the bin. Volunteer coach did not ask if student had a driver's license nor if the student had ever driven a golf cart.
Student accidently hit a teachers'car with golf cart. Teacher's car was parked in clearly marked no parking zone.

School told me I could (1) engage an attorney, (2) claim it on my insurance, or (3) send it to the school district to to their risk management team. I choose the last option, as I believe that some other party is responsible (either the teacher whose car was parked illegally, or the school for failing to ensure student safety by allowing student to drive the cart.)

What's my exposure here? I am parent of student.


Accident on School Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire