samedi 30 septembre 2017

Used Car Dealer Sold Car Unsafe to Drive

I purchased a car from a used car dealer. Before I bought it, I noticed the engine light was on, I asked to scan the code, he did it for me and said it was probably bad gas and turned it off. The light came back on and it is actually the catalytic converter which isn't a cheap fix. Also, he sold me the car with old tires, one tire was so rotted and worn down in the center of the treads, it was starting to shred, the dealer keeps saying "you know I drove this car 300+ miles, and I never had an issue, if I noticed this I would have never let your drive it off the lot" I then tried to ask him kindly the second day of having the car if he would take it back, and he said no because I had it a couple day, and called me a jerk off when I questioned his character. The mechanic he had me go to get it inspected didn't even want us to leave it was so bad. The mechanic also gave me a list of things that the car needs. Just to pass inspection it needed four tires, two break pads, two rotors, and two tie rods. The dealer refused to pay for tires, just the cheap stuff to pass inspection. He gave me two used tires that I couldn't even use because they were asymmetrical, and they we're basically borderline passing anyway. I had to spend over 300 dollars for new tires. I signed an as is paper, but on the paper he wrote in a separate section labeled warranty under systems covered "needs work, not inspectable, not road safe." I don't think the car would be too bad once up to par, but the repairs after inspection would cost me over a grand plus labor. Legally speaking, what options do I have? I have a recording of him saying and admitting to a lot of the above and I have pictures of the tire.


Used Car Dealer Sold Car Unsafe to Drive

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire