lundi 25 septembre 2017

Biased and Unfair Treatment

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Mississippi
My neighbor said he had a survey done and claimed 7' x 132' of my property. He refused to provide surveyor information and then put down his own stakes onto my property. We put up "No Trespassing " signs along the property line and began planning for our own survey to be done. The neighbor called the Chief of Police who happens to be a fraternal brother of his to complain that we are trespassing on his land! No police come on this day. One week later, we get home and find all 9 "No Trespassing " signs pulled up and lying in my yard. I go over to the neighbor's door and ring his bell but he did not come out until I was almost back to my house. So we are both having a very civil conversation and right about this time, a police car pulls up, then another and finally a third! (His wife called the police) All three officers get out and speak with the neighbor, asking me to go back into my own yard until they have spoken with the neighbor. At this point, the neighbor and the officer are walking in my yard and I yell to them that they are trespassing and to get out of my yard. The officer runs up to me and points his finger, warning me that I will be arrested for threatening my neighbor! My jaw dropped and then I became angry, but not so much that I would really be arrested. I informed the officer that my neighbor nor he had a right to be on my land without my permission and if that's what causes one to go to jail, then let's go. I walk back to the edge of my property and where the neighbor has it staked, he begins to yell she is trespassing! The officers tell me if I cross the "fake" stake they will arrest me for trespassing! I put one "No Trespassing " sign near the "fake" stake and the neighbor pulls it up in the presence of the police officers and threw it into my yard. My quiet husband until this point, blows! He wants to know how it is legal for the neighbor to behave the way that he is and we are being treated as criminals in our own yard? The officers surround my husband and I believe they were going to take him down and arrest him before I grabbed his arm and left our property. Before we left, the neighbor smirked and said, "I'm gonna build a fence". This has been going on for two months. The neighbor called the police several times since then claiming we threatened them or were trespassing. We have never threatened this man or his wife. We've lived here 18 years, they moved next door about 18 months ago. He has since built a fence, removed my surveyor flags and blocks my property from my lawn service. The Police only tell me it is civil matter. The Mayor told me that he could not get involved because the Chief of Police told him to stay out of it. I am physically disabled with a terminal illness and have not been able to receive ANY assistance from law enforcement because of this man.
He remains unscathed. Pending court hearing at this time.
My question: Is there any recourse with how the police have been treating me compared to my neighbor, and was the Chief out of line with telling the Mayor to stay out of it? Can I have a viable complaint against the Chief and the three officers?


Biased and Unfair Treatment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire