mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Medical Malpractice: Can You Sue Over the Wrongful Disclosure of a Medical Record

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Virginia and Maryland

A medical research facility (located in Maryland) wanted a copy of my birth control prescription from my gynecologist (located in Virginia). I signed a medical release form that clearly said "PARTIAL" release of medical records and under the "Specify" section, it stated that it was for a "Birth Control Verification".

Then my gynecologists office actually sent them my ENTIRE medical history. Which contained types of surgeries that I've had and other medical information that the medical research facility did not have in their records. I did not consent to this and I feel like my privacy was violated.

Also, I was not aware that this took place until today I received a call from the medical facility because they wanted to speak about my medical records that they received from my gynecologists. I was rather shocked and surprised that they kept those records since I did not authorize them. They asked my to provide them with dates of diagnoses and knew about my cosmetic surgeries.

I did file a complaint through HHS.gov against both my gynecologist and also the research facility.

Now is this something I can file a suit against?


Medical Malpractice: Can You Sue Over the Wrongful Disclosure of a Medical Record

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire