jeudi 28 septembre 2017

Liens and Encumbrances: Forcing a Lienholder to Remove a Mobile Home

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Illinois

My husband and I have a single wide mobile home on a piece of property in IL. We own the land free and clear, and it was not included in the mortgage, but the home still has a lien on it. This home was discharged in a bankruptcy in 2005, so we are not obligated to repay the balance at this point. We were forced to move out of state due to work, and cannot sell this home for what is owed on it. We have notified the lender that we are surrendering the home back to them and want them to move it. We wish to sell our property, but cannot until the home is moved. As of yet, we have gotten nowhere with this. They send me letters telling me they're investigating and will "get back to me in 30 days". 30 days has been 90 days now. At what point do I have a legal leg to stand on in regards to making them take this home? They cannot leave it on our land forever, so they would have to move it or surrender the title to us, correct? How would I go about making one or the other of those happen ASAP?


Liens and Encumbrances: Forcing a Lienholder to Remove a Mobile Home

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire