mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Homeowners Associations: HOA Architectural Guideline Change

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Florida

I own a piece of property in a sub-division that I am going to build on. The HOA has an ARC that provided me with a set of guidelines for building. I gave these guidelines to my builder and they agreed to them. I then submitted an application to the ARC on 9/17 for approval to build. On 9/26 I received a phone call from the Property Association Mgmt company stating that I had a conditional approval to build once I submit engineered plans, a $500 application fee, and my builder submits a $5,000 security deposit. Confused about the latter two items, I said these weren't listed in the ARC guidelines. She then stated that the ARC had developed a new set of ARC guidelines and she emailed them to me. These guidelines were executed on 9/25. They contain a list of rules, fines and penalities, and many other things for my builder and I. My question is: Do I have any grounds to stand on, to not pay these two fees and abide by these rules, seeing as I submitted my application before the executed date of these new guidelines?

Also, there is another individual two homesites down from me building a house. Can the ARC enforce two completely separate rules and regulations for building at the same time?

Thank you.


Homeowners Associations: HOA Architectural Guideline Change

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire