mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Speeding Tickets: Is Involvement in a Car Accident Proof of Speed to Fast for Conditions

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA

As I was driving to work one morning, entering I-5 Express Lanes (speed limit 60MPH but I was going much slower because it's a curved on-ramp), I lost control of my vehicle. It was raining that day, but this is Seattle, so it's not unusual. My car spun around and hit the guardrail, crushing the front left corner of my car (totaled). My airbags went off. I didn't hit any other cars, and the guardrail was not noticeably damaged. I got out of the car, and the people in cars behind me stopped and got out to make sure I was OK. I then got back in and rolled the car to the side of the road, and called the police. The witnesses drove away. The police showed up, made sure I was OK, and then gave me a ticket for "Speed to Fast for Conditions", before having my car towed to an impound lot.

I requested a contented hearing and then filed for discovery. The discovery contains only this narrative: "Unit 1 was traveling on an interchange ramp from Westbound State Route 522 to Southbound Interstate 5. Unit 1 lost control and struck a jersey barrier with its front side". No witnesses.

My question is: Do they have a case? Is the fast that I crashed proof of "speed to fast for conditions"?


Speeding Tickets: Is Involvement in a Car Accident Proof of Speed to Fast for Conditions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire