mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Sales Agreements: Dealer Charged Me for Something That Doesn't Exist

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

Hello Everyone,

I bought a 2011 Honda Pilot a few years ago on a 60 month contract and I am now in the 3rd year of ownership. At the time that I bought the car, I was told that the car had the optional Tow Package installed. This package is supposed to include: 1 Transmission Cooler, 1 Internal Wiring Harness, 1 controller, 1 External Wiring Harness, 1 set of fuses. None of these parts are visible to a consumer as these parts are all either under the car or hidden within inside compartments, accessible only if one knows what they are looking for. So an average person who has never towed before, wouldn't even know how or where to look for this. The only part of the "tow package" that is there is the hitch assembly (visible). I was charged $1200 on my contract for this Tow Package and I signed all the paperwork thinking that this was all installed.

I have not towed anything since I walked out of the dealer. However, now that it is 3 years later, I tried to attach a trailer to my hitch and when I looked for the harness to attach the wiring and braking system, there is no harness. Upon further inspection, and after reading about where the tow package components would be located, there are no components whatsoever. They were never installed in the first place as the areas where they should be installed look untouched. It does not appear that somebody removed the harnesses and other parts, but rather they just were never installed. When I remove compartment doors, the factory tape and what not is still on the parts where the tow package parts should be.

So my question is, is there any chance of getting the original dealer to install these parts free of charge or possibility of being reimbursed or am I out of luck because I waited too long to notice this? Do I have any options legally?

Thank you
John


Sales Agreements: Dealer Charged Me for Something That Doesn't Exist

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire