samedi 30 septembre 2017

Retaliation Eviction

My question involves landlord-tenant law in NY.
I live in an illegal apartment in Suffolk County. My landlord and his adult son live above me. Last month I reported the landlords adult son to CPS for beating his son (the landlords grandson) on the advice on 2 mandated reporters.
I tried to discuss this with the landlord so as to not make “waves.”
Today I found a notice of termination taped to my door.
A) Being that it’s an illegal apartment do they still need court papers to evict me?
B) I have heard conflicting info about suing for back rent b/c of the illegal status - ideas?
C)Because of the retaliation status do I have any recourse?

Mostly I just need to buy myself as much time as possible to find somewhere else to live.
Many thanks,
S


Retaliation Eviction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire