lundi 25 septembre 2017

Modification of Support: Modification of Support Order

My question involves a child support case from the State of: PA

We are divorced in 2008 and live in different states. I am non-custodial parent lives in PA and mom lives in WA with child.

Child will turn to 18 years in next Jan 2018 and Mom wanted child support to be continued till child becomes economically independent. He will complete his high school at the age of 22 years. She says child diagnosed with ADHD. Also she claims she spent $40000 on his education asking me 50% of share in it. This amount she spent outside US where she admitted child in that country. She wanted me to agree Child support amount to be increased to another $300 more. I am not able to pay that much as I got to take care of my family. I did not visit the child in WA due to travel costs for that also she asks more in child support as i am not visiting child. I am ready to continue with current child support till the child completes high school graduation and couple of few more years till he turns 25. Do I need to pay 50% share of education expenses. We didn't have any word in divorce decree about education expenses share. It is only about extraordinary medical expenses shared between the parties. I provide health insurance to child.

We had mediation and I can't agree to her demands. She would be filing a motion with all these details. What are the options I have. Could some one please comment?


Modification of Support: Modification of Support Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire