mardi 26 septembre 2017

Land Rights: Easement Advice

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Michigan

Our family has vacation property which the neighbor holds a right of way easement to access a shed and walkway that extends 3 feet onto our property. The easement is written as a 15 foot right of way to access and maintain a shed. I can't really explain what the neighbor thinks the easement means, I think he thinks the easement means he has total use of the property. He went past the 15 feet and buried his dog on our property complete with headstone. When I approached him and told him he did not have the right to do that he told me he had an easement.

I tried to explain the easement was for walking to the shed and maintenance of the shed only. He said no, he had an easement.

We are planning to put up a fence. As long as I leave him access to the shed and around the shed for maintenance am I OK in honoring the easement? He won't have access to his dead dog.

Any advice on the buried dog? Don't want it on the property.
'
The easement says he has to maintain the shed. It is practically falling down. When it falls over is that the end of the easement? What do I do then?


Land Rights: Easement Advice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire