mardi 26 septembre 2017

Sex Offenses: Am I Past the Statute of Limitations to Sue for Statutory Rape

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York

When I was 16 years old, a 32 year old man had sex with me repeatedly over the period of 1 year. He coerced me into oral and anal sex as well. At times, I actually did say no to him, but he would hold me down. Because I was so young, he was always able to apologize, and I would forgive him and stay in the "relationship" with him.

I am now 35 years old, and since becoming a mother, and this has been weighing heavily on me.

My question is... what is the statue of limitations in New York for pursing damages? I have tried finding the answer online but I've seen many different answers.

It has been 19 years, which I realize is a very long time. I'm most likely too late. I would greatly appreciate any advice on any legal action I could take against him.

Thank you so much for your time.


Sex Offenses: Am I Past the Statute of Limitations to Sue for Statutory Rape

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire