vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Rental Agreements: Landlord Invasion

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California.

I'm a former long time home owner who decided to sell my very large house and rent a smaller one. I found a home where the landlords (a married couple) do the yard work and in the rental agreement, they have included that they will come over to work in the yard. The agreement does specify that they will not come after 6pm Mon - Sat, they will not come on Sundays or Holidays.
They have broken this agreement close to a dozen times (that I know of) and I've logged those times - one of which the land lord was looking into my window at 9pm one night...yes, the police were called.
My questions is that I suspect they are entering the house when I'm not here. My neighbor told me they come over every day when I'm at work. I know for a fact that they entered the garage (where I keep many valuables including an antique car) because they called me to tell me they found something in there that they wanted to "take care of". She called in the evening and told me they'd come "when the sun was shining". The next day it was raining and I came home to find them in my garage with the doors open.
Also, one landlord will agree to a request then I get a call from the other denying that request.
I am NOT knowledgeable on renters rights and don't know if garages are covered as part of my residence (it's attached to the house), if it's legal for them to come multiple times a week and what to do about the bizarre behavior.
The final straw for me was she called me last night and suggested that my refrigerator might not be working because hers broke. She wants to come over and "check the house for water leaks and maintenance that needs to be done". Let it be known that the house has a history of mold issues and I have dehumidifiers throughout the house because I don't want mold.
Sorry this is so long. I honestly don't know if I should contact an attorney of if there is some organization that could help me out.
Thanks.


Rental Agreements: Landlord Invasion

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire