samedi 30 septembre 2017

Registering a Vehicle: Registering a Vehicle While Both Owners Have Different States of Residence

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA

Hello! I have a question that involves a new vehicle currently registered in Oregon with Oregon insurance that was bought a year ago. My wife is Active Duty in the US Navy with her home residency in Oregon while I am a college student with residency in CA.

Last year her ship was undergoing maintenance for 2 months in Oregon, so we bought a car there to get around. It was bought under her, with myself as a co-owner since she did not have an Oregon Driver's License (only Oregon State ID). I was the main driver.

After 2 months we moved back to California where her ship is permanently stationed. My wife is about to separate from the military in a week and the Oregon License plates are about to expire in 30 days. Since we plan on staying in California permanently to live, our question is: Will we experience any difficulty at the DMV? Will they allow my wife to register the car before/after she gets a CA Driver's License? Will there be a late registration penalty for CA since I am technically a CA resident?

Thank you I appreciate any feedback


Registering a Vehicle: Registering a Vehicle While Both Owners Have Different States of Residence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire