mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Immigration Medical Exam

Good day everyone,

I was just ripped off by an immigration medical doctor. :wallbang: I am a US citizen and went for an immigration medical exam for my mother. We only have 1 USCIS doctor nearby, all others are more than an hour drive away. The doctor told me on the phone that the exam will be $300 and up (in fact I called several other offices, and they all say we need to see the patient before giving a quote). When we came to the office, after completion of all paperwork he started the exam before giving me an estimate. Half way through the exam he went into his office, came back and said that the total would be $645. All he had done was checking blood pressure, TB test, collecting urine sample, collecting blood sample, and asking about past illnesses. No immunization shots were done (we had up-to-date immunization records). Overall, he spent 10 minutes with my mother and told to come back in 3 days for TB reading.

First, I feel that $645 for immigration medical without a single immunization shot (or any other extra tests) is a ripoff. Are these prices regulated in any way?
Second, I believe that he has not done proper physical exam. The exam consists of checking temperature, knee reaction, mental health evaluation, eye checks, and some other things. He only checked blood pressure. This looks like immigration fraud.
Third, we have no idea what tests were ordered and their results (except, of course, visual inspection of the TB). How do I know he even did any tests? He gave no paperwork back as to what tests were done or the results, except verbally saying "everything is fine". He returned the sealed envelope. Is there any way to know whether the doctor, in fact, did any tests?
Lastly, he did not give us any itemized receipt, just a credit card printout for $645. Should he be required to provide an itemized receipt and breakdown of costs? It sounds to me that physical exam, tb test, and required blood and urine tests would cost less even at the same doctor if done separately, not part of the immigration medical.

Thanks.


Immigration Medical Exam

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire