mardi 26 septembre 2017

Parking and Access: Los Angeles - My Car Does Not Fit in My Spot

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

Hello,
I have a parking spot as part of my rental agreement. A spot was initially provided to me based on the size of my car - Mini Cooper S. I signed the lease under the asumption of the car-parking spot connection.
I was allocated a parking on the side of the building - parallel parking between 2 cars. The alley width is 7'5", while the spot itself is 7'5". The length of the spot is 16'6", I changed my car to a Tiguan, and complained repeatedly about my spot, and asked to change. Several spots were open, but my request was repeatedly declined because I was assigned a spot at move in - under the false asumption that it was not unit connected. I was only able to park - with difficulty that is, and badly damaged my car against the side of the building - if the front and back cars were far enough from the separating line.

1+ week ago, the tenant in front of me added a motorcycle to his space. The motorcycle is 3 inches away from the separating line, and the tenant occupying the back spot routinely parks up to 18" into my spot. I cannot park in my spot anymore. The clearance is insufficient for me to enter. I have now a Volkswagen Beetle, and these are wide cars - 72" wide in average. I contacted my landlord multiple times, she has been ignoring my texts, declining my calls. The front spot is 18'6" long, with easy access.
The space is not compliant, but I demonstrated good will in the past - 7 years now in a rent controlled apartment. But it is now reaching a point where I cannot use my parking space.
I would appreciate if you could provide me guidance.
I thank you for your time.


Parking and Access: Los Angeles - My Car Does Not Fit in My Spot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire