vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Right to Lay Pipe Under Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: California

Our property is bisected by our neighbor's driveway. He is /very/ particular about this driveway, often chasing off utility trucks that work on the lines above in case they might damage it. We disagree about whether I can stack fallen limbs next to the road on my property for chipping.

Unfortunately, my well is on one side of this driveway and the house is on the other. The plastic pipe connecting the two is at times exposed above the ground. Some rodent has decided that when thirsty, he can just chew through the pipe for a cool refreshing blast of water. We've spliced it together a couple of times, but we lose 3,000 gallons of water down the creek every time and I'm looking for a more permanent solution. (Thirsty rodent.) I can install a new pipe under ground, but would probably need to dig a trench across the driveway to lay the pipe. I can almost hear the explosion, now.

I'm curious what the law says about laying pipe on your property under someone else's driveway easement. Is this rodent's right to my water legally protected?


Right to Lay Pipe Under Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire