vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Custody and Visitation Issues: Foreign Kids and Stepfather Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: NJ

Hello there!
Well, I´m a mother of 2 kids and we just immigrated to US (we are now Permanent Residents) and I have sole custody of my kids from my home country.
So... the biological father of the kids is absent from their lives (he decided to "disappear" because he owes me child support) it´s been 3 years and now my actual husband (kids stepfather) wants to have their custody together with me. I have all the paperwork specifying that I have the sole custody, so how should I proceed? Do I need to prove that the biological father is absent for 3 years? If he owes me child support does it change anything about this process (like, make easier to share custody with the stepfather, once he is supporting emotionally and financially the kids)? I went already to the family Court of NJ and they gave me some paperwork to fill up, but there are some features on the paperwork that I did not understood, as what is the name of this type of custody? (Joint legal? Physical?) (and I want to make it without a lawyer).
Also... I wish I could have a restraining order against my ex partner involving the kids also, once he made physical threat on me in the past (I have the police complaint documented). Does someone know if there´s a chance for me to make it?
Thank you so much, guys!
:)


Custody and Visitation Issues: Foreign Kids and Stepfather Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire