vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Copyright Law: Infringement Lawsuit a Serious Threat

So my blog writer carelessly used a google image in the article (tiny image in the corner), next thing I know I got a big packet threatening a lawsuit and asking for $5,300 for a $2 photo. I took it down right away ofcourse. I looked up the lawfirm that sent the thing and seems like they do this to 1000s of bloggers. Not making excuses for using someone else's photo, it was just a mistake, but want to know if this is something to take seriously or just ignore them?

I figure actually taking me to court would cost them a lot of money, but is it a realistic expectation? Has anyone really gotten sued and actually taken to court for something like this or is it more of an extortion tactic to see who bites?


Copyright Law: Infringement Lawsuit a Serious Threat

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire