mercredi 27 septembre 2017

Getting Fired: Giving a Number to Another Employee Can Get You Fired Why

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Idaho.

I worked at Winco until today because I gave another employee, a girl my number and was fired because of it. Here is the full story.

We worked the same shift, however I never got the chance to talk to her since I work(ed) two jobs and had to got to my second one right after Winco. I decided to to write a note reading,

"I m looking for a FWB. Your ass drives me crazy ;) (my number)"

I folded it in half and slipped it into her back pocket, she was wearing jeans as per Winco dress code. This interaction here is what seems to have gotten me terminated. The simple fact that I slightly touched her butt when giving her the note.

The next shift, I didn't see her anymore, and was taken aside by my Boss and told not to pursue her, he also mentioned HR. I was a little heartbroken, but moved on. It's not my first rejection. It just seems a little ridiculous that a guy giving out his number and getting rejected would get him fired without any verbal communication between me and the girl. I was trying to get us talking, not the opposite, but apparently she found it to be sexual harassment.

I realize HR always takes the side of the girl, so I most likely won't be employed there ever again in the future, but I am curious as to why this is considered sexual harassment. This was the only interaction I had with her. I am now cut off from my main source of cash flow and I just moved. Lesson learned. Don't ever give your number to a girl. They can fire you.

Please tell me if I can get my job back. Or register as a sex offender or some shit.


Getting Fired: Giving a Number to Another Employee Can Get You Fired Why

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire