samedi 30 septembre 2017

Guardianship: How Can You Submit Additional Information to a Court After a Grant of Guardianship

Hello. I have a question about a guardianship ruling and information that was supposed to go to the judge.
I am a respondent who did not contest the petition due to financial dependence.
I had planned on attending the hearing with a statement for the judge, as well as medical diagnosis papers and other related medical papers, to be given at the hearing.
My diagnosis is of an anxiety disorder which can cause blackouts and vomiting, felt these coming on minutes before hearing, was afraid I could not stand, and so went to the court house restroom and was sick and then home. Did not attend hearing. Court assigned attorney, also serving as GAL, represented me.
Discussed it briefly with the attorney hours later, seems she said close to what I had wanted to state to the judge, but I got home with the statement for the court and the top sheet of a set of the papers.
I did not realize I had gotten home with these things, thought they went in the record with this attorney. Judge has already ruled, will finalize this ruling before I can get this statement/paper in.
The attorney said close to what I had written in one part of the statement, but not quite.
She told the judge I had wanted to be removed from a family trust, but I am a successor inheritor, not the current recipient of trust fund monies. It was my wish in my statement to be allowed to petition the court for a public administrator of any funds I may inherit, or at least be allowed to petition court for such. I do not wish to think of inheritance, it seems a sick, terrible thing to me, but petitioners filed for g/c not long after the current trust holder was ill.

Also in statement that I have had no financial help for medical from petitioners for treatment other than that which they paid for--counselor, dr.--this ended six years ag0, and that they have paid for no surgeries or other major medical I have had. Kept medical records private from them after that date. Asked in statement if my treatment could be such that I could acquire myself, or that treatment I could acquire myself not be excluded, and that they were not to attempt out-of-county treatment.
GAL/attorney did not help much, did not get law enforcement records I asked for to ask the court that the petitioners to have supervised contact only, it goes on and on.
I am not in a position to contest.
I am okay, I have lived through some bad things, but I was not prepared for this--this was not in my statement--but I will say I was not ready for the shame and grief I feel. But most of all, every minute, fear. Already isolated, now found unfit and incapable under the law. I feel so worthless, i'm trying not to, I'll be okay.
May I still turn in the statement and paper to the judge's office? His clerk? Does the GAL/attorney need to know? I don't hear from her much.
Thank you for reading.


Guardianship: How Can You Submit Additional Information to a Court After a Grant of Guardianship

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire