lundi 26 février 2018

Speeding Tickets: Speed Too Fast for Conditions (Curved Downward Road)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington.

I'd like to know if I can contest the ticket I received. There were quite a few mitigating circumstances but the ticket doesn't go with the circumstances.

It had snowed that day and I was returning home after picking up my daughter from work. We were traveling on a road with a speed limit of 30 mph. I was driving well under that speed due to the road conditions. I slowed down even more to prepare to turn right onto a side road that had a yield ramp for right turns. Upon coming up to the turn way I noticed flashing lights and what appeared to be a patrol car that had pulled someone over down on the yield way. The person pulled over was off the road completely while the patrol car was to the left of them on roadway. I slowed my vehicle even more proceded on the yield way to go around them to the left. In accordance with the law i planned on going around them slowly and with plenty of room for safety. The yield roadway curves downward to the right. So at the mid point my car began sliding to the right down the hill. I attempted to regain traction but to no avail and seconds later I impacted the back of the patrol car, pushing it off the road and coming to a stop myself. At the time i realized my car was starting to slide I noted that my speedometer read 8 mph.

After getting out and ensuring no one was hurt I discovered that car I thought had been pulled over had actually slide down the same roadway at which point two other vehicles had the same problem before the officer had closed the roadway. The vehicle that almost ended up in the rear of my car hit a traffic sign which stopped it. I was the only one that got ticketed.

The ticket is for driving too fast for conditions. But in accordance with Newton's first law I would have slid towards the left side of the road and around the cars that were present. Instead I slid down and to the right which clearly indicates that I didn't have excessive speed. If anything I had slowed down too much for extra safety and gravity did the rest.

Can I contest the ticket in court as it seems it doesn't fit with what occurred?


Speeding Tickets: Speed Too Fast for Conditions (Curved Downward Road)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire