lundi 26 février 2018

Establishing an Order: Reason Enough for Court to Grant Sole Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: VA

I was always under the impression (from reading online) that it is almost not possible to receive sole custody unless there is a very very good reason. The parents just not getting along or anything like that is not reason enough. We have our court date next week and after talking to a friend I am considering to request sole custody. She just had to prove to the judge that the childs father was not very involved and not responding to calls or messages. Therefore shared custody would not be beneficial to the child. I could prove that he is not paying support and does not respond to any texts. I have not called him yet.

I don't want to make it impossible to see her but I want to make sure I am able to make decisions about the child by myself as I am not able to rely on him. I am currently unemployed so hiring a lawyer is unfortunately not an option.


Thank you.


Establishing an Order: Reason Enough for Court to Grant Sole Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire