lundi 26 février 2018

Eviction Process: Evicting Storage Unit Tenants

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I am looking to purchase a property that contains several self service storage units that the previous owner has rented out. The previous owner is now deceased and the sale is being handled by their family. It is unclear if there is even any paperwork regarding the rental of the units or if any contracts were ever enacted. After purchasing the property I would like to do away with the storage units, but am unclear on how I would go about that. I have found resources dealing with evictions for failure to pay rent and so could pursue those, but what would be my options if any of the tenants paid the due rents?

My main concerns are as follows:

-How to go about evicting the tenants

-How to comply with giving proper notice if no records can be found to identify the tenants

-How do deal with any property that is not claimed by the tenants

-Any issues that may arise due to the lack of a rental contract by the previous owner

Thanks in advance for any advise or resources you can point me towards.


Eviction Process: Evicting Storage Unit Tenants

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire