jeudi 22 février 2018

My Former Employer is Contacting My Client Ruining My New Business

I recently left my former employer to start my own freelance business.

For my former employer I was an engineer and we built several Bluetooth electronics to control aftermarket automotive LED lights. As a freelancer, I accepted an opportunity to design Bluetooth electronics to control LED lights for kitchen cabinetry.

My former employer got word of this and is now sending a cease and desist letters to me and my new client.

1.) Does he have any grounds to consider this a legitimate "compete" issue since he doesn't have any clients in the kitchen cabinetry industry?
2.) My new client is very angry and now threatening to come after me for "damages". So, not only have I potentially lost this client and all future profits that come with it, I probably won't get paid the $8k they currently owe me, AND they may come after me for missed sales due to a delayed product!
3.) Can I counter-sue my former employer for causing me these damages without just cause?
4.) This seems like my former employer could keep doing this with every new client I get just to squash my new business as a personal vendetta. Is there anything I can legally do to restrain his actions and tanking my new business? I left there because I couldn't stand the guys' business ethics and morals. I simply want him out of my life, but I'm now feeling very trapped. Please help.


My Former Employer is Contacting My Client Ruining My New Business

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire