jeudi 22 février 2018

Bought a Car Out of State and Found Odometer Fraud. and Never Got Title

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Maryland and Pennsylvania.
We drove to Maryland to buy a car from what we thought was a car owner. We found that it was actually a dealer. But here is where it gets crazy. The car is a 2006 Lexus rx400h which has advertised 105,000 miles on it. We get there the car was nice we drove I, we liked it and we bought it. The dealer said that we could not have the title because it was out of state and needed to be sent by Maryland's DMV. We did not know any better and said ok. We have a bill of sale and drove home. It was a Saturday evening. The next business day I went to my local dealer to get any info on the car that I could and found that the car was known to have higher miles than the odometer had listed. They had records showing 240,000 miles on it. I immediately ran a car fax that confirmed that the mileage was well above the listed mileage and had a last known mileage is 269,000 miles on it. I contacted Maryland's dealer license division who has a copy of all of my info but it doesn't look good for me. I live in Pennsylvania and am filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office as well. My wife did attempt to contact the seller once via text but only to say that there was an issue with the car please don't send the title if you haven't already. He never responded nor have we received a title. What else should we do. We paid $6199 for a car that is a fraud.

The license investigator told me that he was not a dealer. He said he used to be but was shut down a number of times under different business names. He does not have a dealer license now but still operates out of the lot that he always had.


Bought a Car Out of State and Found Odometer Fraud. and Never Got Title

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire